Wednesday, December 15, 2010

am i brave... i think not

“Always stand up for what you believe in even If that means standing alone.” So since I got kicked out of my apartment I’ve been living with some family nearby and it’s been great I feel like I’ve learned so much from them. I don’t even think they know what a great impact they’ve have had on my life. It will be bitter sweet to leave them. Something that I’ve learned from living with them is to take more chances. So what, people won’t like you all the time and that’s their problem they’re the ones missing out. So I play basketball almost every other day at a local recreational center and it great I get to meet new people and get an exercise in (even though I’m not very good at basketball).  So we have this group that pretty much comes all the time. So today we were playing and this guy got way to aggressive (like usual) and pushed this women down to the ground.  And this woman is kind of an outsider in the group she just started coming like a week ago. Anyways, everyone just kind of froze like did that really happen no one knew what to do or say so they just started playing again. Then this woman who’s a regular comer each week stood up to this man who had done the awful act and told him that he should probably sit out for a little bit to cool down, and by this time the girl had gotten up and moved to the side and sat there crying.  And the man said no… and the weird part was that no one else was agreeing with the woman like she was in the wrong. - So this woman I see her at basketball all the time and she is so smart, brave, talented, kindhearted, and courageous. - Then she shed a tear and left, and that was the end of it they keep playing probably dwelled on it for like a minute after that woman left but that was it.  Which brings me to my quote always stand up for what you believe in – like the woman did for the other- even if that means standing alone – and she was alone no one had the guts to say anything. Not even me the whole time I just stood there like a helpless ant afraid that if I said anything I might get stepped on or hurt by their words. And so if I had to say I learned anything from this it’s that we should all take chances and don’t live in fear because life’s tough get a helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment