Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Defeated

So this is my first blogging and I would like to start each of my blogs with a quote that kind of goes along with it. “Sometimes the most ordinary things can be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people.”  I just finished the first semester of college and it was one the most emotionally trying experiences, and if you know my family then you know I’ve had my fair share of trying experiences. I’m from this little town nobody knows about it’s that small of a place. And I have a big family and only one of my siblings went to school away from home and I wanted to be like him he’s a good example. However I had this mind set were after you graduate high school if you don’t go to a college away from home then you weren’t prepared enough or something. And it’s not like I was in the top ten percent or anything I’m not saying I’m better than any of my siblings because I’m not. And if you met my sister you would know that because she’s amazing. Moving out here and going to college was the first time I have been away from my family for a long period of time and I guess that’s what the whole college experience is about. On the other hand I have a huge family and I’m used to be surrounded by people 24/7 so this was a big change that I was not prepared for. And I was always just average in high school and I thought that was okay. (For me) And when I went to college I never felt more alone, isolated, tired, and miserable. I thought that volleyball would fill that void but it just made my life more stressful. Which brings me to my quote, the most ordinary things - like living in a small town - can be made extraordinary simply by doing them with the right people - like my friends and family. So I’m excited to go home and take classes next semester there, and meet my niece for the first time. And so if I’ve learned anything from this experience it’s that life’s tough get a helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment